Post Build script to set the checksum on the resulting binary using mbed-cli.

Home Forums mDot/xDot Post Build script to set the checksum on the resulting binary using mbed-cli.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

I was wondering if I can get some help regarding how I could set the crc checksum on the resulting mdot custom firmware built using mbed-cli. In the previous versions of the mdot library and mbed-os this was set automatically and we could just use the binary generated as is to flash it.

For the firmwares built using mdot 4.0 library and using mbed cli, we using the tool provided by multitech “multitool” to create a firmware with the crc checksum appended to it after the compilation is done.

Since we automate our process of flashing our custom board, I was wondering if there is a way in mbed cli to run a post build script to run multitool against the generated bin file?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Ajay K
    Participant

Any thoughts how this can be achieved, as I am guessing this was done for mbed-cli prior to the 4.0 library?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Couldn’t the multitool commands be scripted to run after compile?

Post-build hooks are part of mbed-os, customizations would be lost if you later updated mbed-os.

Ajay K
    Participant

I agree thanks for your inputs Jason. I guess we can run it as a batch script, post compilation.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.