Node-RED issues with AEP 5.0.1 upgrade

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Node-RED issues with AEP 5.0.1 upgrade

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    William Laing
    Participant

Good Day –

We just upgraded one of our Conduits (MTCDT-LAT1-246A) to 5.0.1-AEP and have issues:

+ the mPower Firmware Changelog says that Node-RED logging to /var/log/app/node-red.log was disabled. But the node-red-log command does not work either. Is there a way to enable node-red-log in AEP or restore logging to a file?

+ Is there any reason why our Node-RED MQTT nodes are no longer connecting after upgrading to 5.0.1? LoRaWAN->Payload Broker is enabled and Port=1883 (defaults).

We do a lot of Node-RED work for client gateways, and the absence of logging is a major problem. The Debug window in the Node-RED application itself is okay for an occasional glance but not sufficient for serious debugging.

Regards,
    William

ktw@niras.dk
    Participant

Hi.

Did you manage to get the device working on 5.x firmware?

I am struggling with a similar problem, trying to connect to an Azure IOT Hub.
    No matter what I try, CA certificates or SAS tokens, nothing ever happens.

I even tried copying a working node-red setup including certificates, from a gateway running an older version of the firmware.

Regards,
    Kim.

William Laing
    Participant

Hi Kim –

Yes, we did get our Node-RED MQTT nodes working again with AWS. But, it’s been a while, and I don’t recall what change(s) we made.

Azure might be different from AWS, but, perhaps sharing some of our configuration will help you:

+ cert files located in var/config/ca-certificates directory
    + verify server certificate is not checked
    + use clean session is checked
    + blank Client ID
    + use legacy MQTT 3.1 support is checked
    + Port 8883

Once we got Node-RED logging working again on 5.x using guidance from the Multitech Support Portal, I believe we saw something in the logs that helped us with the MQTT connectivity issue.

Good luck.

Regards,
    William

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.