No response from Multitech r100 series modem

Home Forums General No response from Multitech r100 series modem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a MTR-LEU1 cellular modem for my project and I was trying to follow the manual for sending AT commands however I have never received any response from it. I set up as a Network device when doing the first time setup, the rest parameters are set to default values. I was using USB-to-RS232 adapter to send AT commands through serial using terminal software or other managers like minicom (using Linux), however it neither successfully gave a needed response. I am trying just to receive response for AT command for now. I did make sure that baudrate and flow control settings are the same on both PC and the modem. I have tried both with and without flow control but neither worked. Has anyone had similar issue?

Mike McNeil

Hello,

When the MTR is configured for Network Router mode, the serial port is typically used for Serial-IP traffic and displaying GPS coordinates.
    If attempting to use the MTR as a Serial Modem, I would select the Serial Modem Mode setting from the Initial Setup Wizard.

Regards,
    Mike

Hey,

Thank you for your response. I actually tried that mode as well, but the results were the same. If it may give better idea of what could be wrong this is what I tried to use in order to send AT commands:
    1. using echo “AT” > /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 and after that using cat to read the port I had no response.
    2. using minicom with both settings with hardware flow control on and off (on both sides – pc and modem) no response.

Mike McNeil

Hello,
    Are you trying to use the MTR as a Serial Modem or what is your purpose for sending AT commands to the MTR? If not as a Serial Modem, please provide more details.
    If trying to use the MTR as a Serial Modem, I would set to Serial Modem Mode. After save and restart, I would open your terminal program directly to the COM port provided by the USB adapter. For example, TeraTerm to COM1. Default settings are 115200 8N1, flow control shouldn’t matter for this initial testing. I would try to interactively communicate with the MTR. For example, issue
    ati3 <CR> and receive
    Telit
    OK
    ati4 <CR> and receive
    LE910-xxx
    OK
    Once you know that’s working then that’s when you can work on your ‘echo’ing and ‘cat’ting. We need to first verify your serial setup is working.
    Regards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.