Multitech Conduit to TTN as Network Server

Home Forums Lora Network Server Multitech Conduit to TTN as Network Server

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Roger Peralba
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    Im trying to configure my multitech conduit aep as a network server and register it to TTN (the things network). For the configuration I’m created a local key and I’m using Public Lorawan network mode, also I registered my administration key of the deviceHQ at remote management settings.
    When i create my local key the keys that I put at devEUI, appKey…are the keys that i had when I registered the gateway at TTN.

I tried the connexion gateway-ttn configuring the Multitech as a packet forwarder and it runs ok, I can receive the data of my sensor at TTN web page. My intention is to do the same with network server configuration, can somebody help me?

Thanks, Roger.

Steve Kovarik

Hi Roger

These are two different LoRa Network architectures.
    There can only be a single LoRa Network Server. Trying to run LoRa Network Server on the Conduit and trying to register to TTN (Public LoRa Network provider) is a direct conflict.
    If you want to use TTN, the Conduit would need to be configured as a Packet Forwarder to the LoRa Network Server (TTN).
    If you want to use the LoRa Network Server in the Conduit, TTN is not needed.

Roger Peralba
    Participant

Thanks Steve,
    I understand what you explain and it’s very helpfull for me, I have new questions to understand well all the things.

Firstly I conected the nodes (temperature sensors) to the gateway as a packet forwarder and I send it to TTN to see the data. It runs ok and I understand it.

Now, i don’t kmow how I can conect my nodes (temperature sensors) to the gateway running as a NETWORK SERVER and send the data to my private/custom server, it will be a single pc with a screen to show the data. At the message before I explain a little the configuration that I put for this architecture, I think that it’s ok, but now i don’t know how to connect it to my server.

Thank’s, Roger.

Steve Kovarik

Hi Roger

In your LoRaWAN configuration configure for “Network Server”, “Public LoRaWAN”, Join delay=5 sec.
    To add your sensors to the Conduit as a LoRa Network Server
    Select “Key Management” and for Local End-Device Credentials select “Add New”.
    You’ll need the DevEUI, AppEUI and AppKEY of the sensor to add a local end-device.
    Once configured, have the sensor perform a “Join” and refresh the “Packets” screen to verify successful join and uplink packets.

-Best Regards

Roger Peralba
    Participant

One last question, I don’t want to become heavy. To connect my final device to show the data of the sensors, I supose that I need to add an end device in Lorawan->devices->end devices->add new. Is it correct?

Thanks for all your help, I spent lots of days looking to solve this problem of concepts.

Very gratefull, Roger.

Steve Kovarik

Hi Roger

No, please do not add a device in device if doing OTA Join.
    After your LoRa sensor successfully “Join” the Conduit, then it will automatically show-up in Devices.
    After valid sensor packets arrive at the Conduit, we address how to show the data of the sensors.

-Best Regards

Roger Peralba
    Participant

Perfect, I had all configured, tomorrow I try the whole set with the partner.

Thanks Steve

Roger Peralba
    Participant

Dear Steve,
    I receive the data at my gateway, now how I can add a final device (pc screen) to show this data?

I’ve tried to configure a Node-Red app but with the actual configuration I’m not able to run it.

Steve Kovarik

Hi Roger

What (TCP/IP) Protocol will your PC use to accept a connection from the Gateway to visualize data?

In the Conduit Gateway you can use Node-Red as a tool to create a flow to backhaul valid LoRa packets to server.

Select “Apps” and verify Node-Red is enabled.
    I prefer to “Launch Node-Red” in another browser tab. Log-in to Node-Red.
    Node-Red basics can be found at the link below.
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/conduit-aep-lora-communication/

-Best Regards

Roger Peralba
    Participant

Hi Steve,

I’ve configured the gateway to a specific IP of the range where I work.

Initially I can open node red in APPS and work on it, but now I can’t. I download node red and I work on it as a local host, but now the problem is that I’m not able to download the program that I create and uoload to the Gateway as a custom App.

If you had time and you can talk in a quickly chat or you can see my pc with teamviewer or similar, this is my email: rogerperalba1997@gmail.com, I’m very desperate because I work on it lot’s of days and I think that if I can run and configure node red I finish my part of the project.

Best regards, Roger.

Steve Kovarik

Hi Roger

For Node-Red access
    If you configured Ethernet as WAN, go to “Administration” and “Access Configuration” and for Node-Red verify both “via LAN” and “via WAN” are enabled.
    “Submit” at the bottom of the screen then “Save & Restart”

For ongoing Technical Support please register and open a case at the url below.
    https://support.multitech.com/support/login.html

-Best Regards

Roger Peralba
    Participant

Dear Steve,
    Sorry for the delay, thanks for all your help, I’m very gratefull, I stay focused working with node red and I don’t remember to answer. Now I’m trying to save the temperatures in a file and after it control de data with a OPC UA server.

Best regards, Roger.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.