MultiModem icell help please

Home Forums General MultiModem icell help please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    xtal_01@yahoo.com
    Participant

Let me begin by saying I have no idea what I am doing!

I have built electrical control panels since the early 90’s … just a one man panel shop … anything from simple relay pump control panels to PLC’s.

A client now wants me to build a panel with remote access via the internet … something I have never done.

I did my homework and choose a touch panel and PLC that tie to each other and the internet via an Ethernet port. They have their own app … very straight forward.

The supplier recommended a modem but my client insisted on using one he already had …a MultiModem iCell … model MTCMR-C2

So, he sent it to me. Now I am a lost. It has what I am guessing is a fixed ip address on it … 166.XXX.XX.XX

It has an adapter from the RS 232 port to Ethernet port.

I plugged the Ethernet port into my computer … nothing.

I read the manual (I found it online) but I am still lost.

With my touch panel and PLC, I will have both plugged into a router/switch. I was told all I need to do is plug in a cell modem with a fixed IP to the router and I will be all set.

When I plug this modem into my computer to try it, should it not just act like plugging in any Ethernet modem and start working or do I need do something or ????

Can anyone set me on the right path?

I was going to contact the company but I see it is $360 !!!!

Thanks …. Mike

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

“I was going to contact the company but I see it is $360 !!!!”

The fee you mention is likely from the FaxFinder.net support site and that is only for FaxFinder (fax server) customers. If you don’t have a question about FaxFinder, then continue to the login for MultiTech’s Support Portal. MultiTech’s support is free. FaxFinder’s support is no longer free.

xtal_01@yahoo.com
    Participant

Awesome …. thanks for the info.

I did call their sales department today.

Seems like I should be looking at their MTR 100 series.

It will have an Ethernet port like I wanted.

As I said, I did this before but plugged my touch panel and PLC into a switch and then plugged this into a standard cable modem.

I am looking for a cell modem that will work the same way.

Just plug in the equipment and use it to connect to the internet.

I have a static IP for the old modem … I am hoping I can transfer this to the new one.

Thanks …. Mike

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Yes, the MTR (rCell) would be a good choice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.