MTUDK-MTQN unable to drag and drop to the Dragonfly Nano

Home Forums Dragonfly MTUDK-MTQN unable to drag and drop to the Dragonfly Nano

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am unable to drag and drop to the Dragonfly Nano on the MTUDK-MTQN. I am working with the Dragonfly Nano MTQN-MNG1-B02 and the MTUDK-MTQN.

From MultiTech_Dragonfly_Nano_MTQN-MNG1-B01-ATT2020_LAB_Overview_Mbed_InstructionsV2.pdf, I have followed the instructions for assembly, installing drivers and doing the “st-LinkUpgrade.exe –force_prog –board -0312”. The kit came with the Nano screwed in and I left the jumpers where I found them.

As it says in the pdf, “Power needs to be applied, or the disk is the wrong size.” I power up with the external power brick provided and the plug into via the J6 USB connector. The new drive appears as “MULTITECH” but I never see a large USB drive only a small device with ~8K free. This is my problem. I seem to only see the small amount of disk memory free (~8K) probably on the UDK board and not the Nano’s larger disk memory.

I also can use the MTUDK-MTQN via the USB J6 and can issue simple AT commands and after reset see:

+UUPSMR: 0

+PACSP0

I can also sucessfully use the Connection Manager while connected directly to the Nano and see correct information like IMEI and IMSI in the “details” tab. It shows a firmware version from April of 2019.

Is there a jumper setting chart for the UDK and the Nano?

Do I need to flash the Nano directly with newer firmware than April 2019?

Should I drink another beer?

Thanks

Steve Kovarik

Hello

The MTQN-MNG1-B02 is a cellular modem with Serial UART or USB interface. This is not the SOM model that allows it to host a program.

Model MTQN-MNG1-B01 is the SOM (system on module) build with the additional Cortex cpu that allows you to drag-and-drop a (mbed) program onto the enumerated drive.
    Depending on what you are trying to do, you may have the incorrect model modem, but this may help explain the behavior you are experiencing.

-Best Regards

Hello and thank you for the quick response. It is definitely the B02. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.