MTDOT-BOX not joining LoRa network from MTCDT

Home Forums General MTDOT-BOX not joining LoRa network from MTCDT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Lentvorski
    Participant

I’m kind of stuck. When I run “LoRa Demo” the MTDOT-BOX sits at the screen with “Joining…”, “NI=MultiTech”, “NK=MultiTech”, “DR=0 P=20 A=<counting up>”.

Those names “seem” to match what I configured on the MultiConnect Conduit software. I put the LoRa Mode into “NETWORK SERVER”, my Network ID is “MultiTech” and my Passphrase is “MultiTech”.

When I go to “Status&Logs”->”Statistics”->”LoRa”

I see the Join Requests count incrementing and I see the Join Responses incrementing. So, I think I got the network configuration correct.

At this point, though, I’m stumped. How do I debug this further?

I have an MTCDT-246A-868-SLZD running firmware 1.4.3. And my MTDOT-BOX-868 is running firmware 2.1.2.

Thanks.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Is AT+PN=0 on the Dot Box
    And Public is unchecked with Join Delay of 1 on the Conduit?

Or

Is AT+PN=1 on the Dot Box
    And Public is checked with Join Delay of 5 on the Conduit?

Andrew I have the same problem, did you find the problem?

thanks

Andrew Lentvorski
    Participant

It’s been a while since I dealt with this but if my memory isn’t completely shot I had two problems:

1) I had to put my box on a fixed wired network to start, IIRC. Something happened with multiple DHCP servers that made things go wonky.

2) I think I had to actually reset configuration to factory state and reload firmware. At that point, everything was actually matched up. I think the issue is that the firmware matched but that configuration data didn’t match the firmware versions.

I’m sorry this is so vague. I did get it all working at one point, but we did a lot of stuff since then.

Hopefully this helps. Sorry I can’t be more useful.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Be sure you have the latest firmware version.

MTDOT-BOX-EVB-3.1.2.bin is available here.

https://github.com/MultiTechSystems/Dot-AT-Firmware

If LoRaWAN Public is selected on Conduit.
    AT+PN=1
    AT+JD=5
    AT&W

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.