mPower release 5.2 API

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model mPower release 5.2 API

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William Laing
    Participant

Good day –

I noticed that SAVE and RESTART has been replaced by SAVE and APPLY for some items as specified in the release notes for 5.2.

1. But I did not see a corresponding save_apply in the updated API (mPower Release 5.2 – API Delta).

2. Is the save API command the same as *SAVE and APPLY*?

3. Please verify my assumption: when I click on submit, it changes the configuration, but that change would not survive a restart. Only *SAVE and APPLY* or *SAVE and RESTART* preserves the config change across restarts?

4. When *SAVE and APPLY* or *SAVE and RESTART* is highlighted, is there a way to find out which configuration items have been changed?

Thank you in advance for you help.
    William

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by William Laing.
    Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello William,

Here is a response from one of the API developers:

1. But I did not see a corresponding save_apply in the updated API (mPower Release 5.2 – API Delta).
    I checked it just now and looks like it was not documented in the API Delta file for some reason. Please two document attached for all Save and Apply related stuff.

2. Is the save API command the same as *SAVE and APPLY*?
    No, it is no the same. The behavior of the Save command is left unchanged comparing to the previous versions. It allows to save the settings without applying them.

3. Please verify my assumption: when I click on submit, it changes the configuration, but that change would not survive a restart. Only *SAVE and APPLY* or *SAVE and RESTART* preserves the config change across restarts?
    Yes, it is correct.

4. When *SAVE and APPLY* or *SAVE and RESTART* is highlighted, is there a way to find out which configuration items have been changed?
    Unfortunately, this information can’t be fetched on a user request in mPower 5.2.

For #4 I can put in a feature enhancement request.

Also, here is some additional information from another thread I had with the developer:

[JEFF] 1. Is there still a Save & Restart in the API?
    [SERHII] Yes, it’s still available and is actually recommended for some cases. Please see the document attached (same as in the other email thread).

[JEFF] 2. As the customer asks, does the Save do a Save & Apply, or just save the database changes?
    [SERHII] It just saves the database changes.

[JEFF] 3. For Save & Apply, if the operation would require a reboot, what kind of response does the client get?
    [SERHII] In general – this is the response.

HTTP/1.1 409 Conflict
    {
    “code”: 409,
    “error”: “Reboot is needed to apply the changes”,
    “status”: “fail”
    }

Thank You,

Jeff

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

William,

For some documentation out of development on this and the general changes to the API for the latest release open a Support Portal ticket, and request this info. Ask for the case to be assigned to Jeff Hatch, and I can get you the information.

In general, I don’t get assigned support cases because I am in engineering, but until the docs get the additional information on Save & Apply added, I can supply the documentation from development to assist.

Jeff

William Laing
    Participant

Thank you, Jeff – this is very helpful!

I will open a Portal ticket as you recommend.

Have a great day!
    William

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.