Mispelling in /etc/ppp/options result in device hanging

Home Forums General Mispelling in /etc/ppp/options result in device hanging

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lucas Li
    Participant

Hello,

I have an EVO2 developer modem. I wrote some udev rules to change the default ppp port from ttyUSB0 to sierraUSB0. When I changed the options file I mispelled the port. Unfortunately, I power cycled the device before I realized it. The modem now hangs at start up trying to initialize ppp. I can’t go in the rootfs of the modem via ssh nor debug serial. I can go into U-boot but without network, the device can’t tftp the new rootfs. Is there a way out of this one?

Thanks

Lucas

Bryan Tran

Hi Lucas,

When you go into the U-boot prompt using the 3pin serial debug cable. Do you see your Ethernet LED still lit up ? If so, then you can do as follow:

a. Go to your Development PC machine and Type:

– source env-oe.sh

– bitbake corecdp-base-image.

*Create a corecdp-base-image. Also, if you have the line uncommented: export TFTPBOOT_DIR=/tftpboot – in the file env-oe.sh, then you should have a soft link to the image in the tftpboot folder.

b. Boot your OCG to the U-boot prompt and type: printenv[Enter]

*This will list out the environment variables that currently set on the OCG.

c. Look for:

-ipaddr <–This should set to the ip address of the OCG

-Serverip <–This should set to the IP address of your PC development machine.

*You would want to have them in the same network.

d. Type: run krb[Enter]

*If you have a TFTP server set up on your development PC, then it would upload both: kernel and rootfs to your OCG.

Regards,

BT

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

> I can go into U-boot but without network, the device can’t tftp the new rootfs.

You should still able to flash the rootfs over Ethernet via U-boot, as BT posted.

Lucas Li
    Participant

You are right. I don’t know why I thought there was a server on the web that had the rootfs. I re-flashed the rootfs via Ethernet. Thanks again for all your help.

Lucas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.