Messages blocked in queue for ever

Home Forums Lora Network Server Messages blocked in queue for ever

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a serious problem with a MTCAP-868-001A (Firmware 1.7.2).

The gateway is just unable to send downlinks to class-C devices. The messages are just stuck in th queue for ever, whatever sendig parameters.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Downlink Queue

Device EUI Port Size Ack RxWnd Queued Details
    70-b3-d5-9b-a0-00-5c-47 5 2 Yes 0 34 minutes ago
    70-b3-d5-9b-a0-00-60-0c 1 2 Yes 2 5 minutes ago
    70-b3-d5-9b-a0-00-5f-f9 1 2 No 0 4 minutes ago

Michael Mitchell
    Participant

I am also having a problem with class C devices. My custom devices worked fine with mLinux with 3.3.6, but fail with 4.1.6. Here is what I found:

1. The device was sending an empty unconfirmed packet after joining, but it was not working correctly to get the mac ADR response. It looks like a race condition, when I delayed the sending slightly, it started working.

2. Even when added as Class C, after rejoining and sending the empty packet, “device stats” reports class A. If I then issue “device update XXX class C”, the server will send packets immediately.

So I have two questions:
    1. Is there a way to change the servers behavior so that I do not have to re-flash all my devices?
    2. Why do we have to issue a device update for a device that was added as Class C?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

In the network section of the config the defaultProfile can be set for devices joining with NetworkID and NetworkKey. This setting is resetting the device back to A on re-join.

“defaultProfile” : “DEFAULT-CLASS-A”,

Change to class C for devices to join as class C.
    “defaultProfile” : “DEFAULT-CLASS-C”,

Otherwise using the whitelist local keys each device can be configured to a specific class when joining.

Michael Mitchell
    Participant

@Jason, YEA! That helped on both fronts. Now I don’t have to flash all my nodes. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.