mDots not roaming between gateways

Home Forums Lora Network Server mDots not roaming between gateways

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Makarychev
    Participant

Hello,

I have 2 AEP LoRa Conduits, both of which are set up with identical LoRa network names and passphrases, and both have their network servers “enabled”. These gateways are setup a few km from one another, each covering a large area. I also have some field devices moving from one coverage area to another.
    So far, the behavior I’ve seen in my tests is that if a field device is “hooked” to one gateway, it will not talk to the other one, even if the first becomes unavailable.

I want to avoid setting up a separate LoRa Network Server somewhere in the cloud (or using something like Loriot), but still have my devices “roam” from one gateway to another. Is this achievable somehow?

Thanks in advance,
    Mark

Mark Makarychev
    Participant

Doing a bit more research, found a few more things that might work, although I haven’t quite tried them yet:

1. Setting the lease time on the gateway to 5-10 minutes should (in theory) cause the devices to try to reconnect every 5-10 minutes. This way, if it goes out of reach of one gateway and enters the coverage area of another, after 5-10 minutes it should establish a new connection with the new gateway, correct?

2. Right now I’m using OTA join mode, but looking once more, I noticed that there is also a manual mode. If I configure identical network addresses, network session keys, and data session keys on each gateway for each device (will take quite some time though…), both of the gateways should hear all devices that are in their reach, correct?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.