mDot Eagle library

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot Eagle library

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Hi,

Is there such a thing as an Eagle CAD library for the mDot for customers to design their own PCBs in both SMD and socket packages? I was looking at just using an xBee socket but this would not give the correct location for the antenna pads or programming header.

Thanks

Andrew

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Andrew,

I’m not sure about Eagle, but we do have some CAD files available. Right now the best way to get these is to open a case in our support portal.

-Brandon

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Somehow I guessed that might be the answer.

ok, I’ll give that a try.

thanks

Andrew

Paul Chilton
    Participant

Hi, did you ever find or create an Eagle library for the mdot?

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Yes I did create an Eagle footprint for the mDot, but only the through hole version. I was looking to include the SMD pads as an alternative technology within the library but never finished it.

I’ll check it and post to github when I remember.

Focus has now moved to the xDot but not having one to examine that isnt on a dev board or decent documentation doesnt help. Come on Multitech, how are customers expected to uses these module when you don’t provide footprint diagrams yet.

thanks

Andrew

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Andrew,

We will be releasing a developer guide for the xDot which will contain mechanical drawings, pinouts, etc. You may be able to get this info now via a portal case.

Cheers,

Mike

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Thanks Mike.

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

From what I heard, the xDot developer guide should be available soon if not by tomorrow morning:

http://www.multitech.net/developer/products/multiconnect-dot-series/multiconnect-xdot/

Edmond Nurellari
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have entered this blog lately but I am still in need of the mdot Eagle libraries to create the mDot footprint. Has any of you managed to access any of this?

Hope you can help.

Kind Regards,
    Edmond

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.