lora_pkt_fwd failed to find any configuration file

Home Forums Lora Network Server lora_pkt_fwd failed to find any configuration file

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brian Roberts
    Participant

After booting my Multitech Conduit, the lora_pkt_fwd doesn’t start. The /var/log/lora-pkt-fwd-1.log reports the following.

mtcdt:/var/log$ cat lora-pkt-fwd-1.log
    *** Beacon Packet Forwarder for Lora Gateway ***
    Version: 4.0.1
    *** Lora concentrator HAL library version info ***
    Version: 5.0.1;
    INFO: Little endian host
    ERROR: [main] failed to find any configuration file named global_conf.json, local_conf.json OR debug_conf.json

If I then run sudo /etc/init.d/lora-network-server restart, the script will successfully start the lora_pkt_fwd.

Versions are listed below.

mtcdt:/var/log$ cat /etc/mlinux-version
    mLinux 4.0.1
    Built from branch: HEAD
    Revision: ea6ba1e5fb287003fea33522af39a771102713b2

opkg list | grep lora
    lora-gateway-geolocation-utils - 5.1.0-r3.0
    lora-gateway-utils - 5.0.1-r10.0
    lora-logging - 1.0-r1.0
    lora-network-server - 2.1.5-r5.0
    lora-packet-forwarder - 4.0.1-r12.0
    lora-packet-forwarder-geolocation - 5.1.0-r2.0
    lora-packet-forwarder-usb - 1.4.1-r11.0
    lora-query - 1.0.4-r1.0

Also, /opt/lora/global_conf.json does exist.

Any ideas? Please let me know if there is any other information I can supply.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Brian Roberts.
    Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Are you trying to run in packet forwarder only mode?

The init script is then /etc/init.d/lora-packet-forwarder

Did you follow these instructions?
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/conduit-mlinux-convert-to-basic-packet-forwarder/

Starting the network server with /etc/init.d/lora-network-server will read /var/config/lora/lora-network-server.conf and create a configuration for the packet forwarder. This is why the packet forwarder can be started with this command.

The lora-packet-forwarder script will look for a /var/config/lora/global_conf.json file to use as configuration.

Brian Roberts
    Participant

I’m not trying to run in packet forwarder only mode. I’m running the lora-network-server locally on the Multitech Conduit.

I was finally able to fix the issue. In /etc/init.d/lora-network-server, in do_start(), I changed the sleep 2 before # start packet forwarder to sleep 20.

I’m not sure why the extra delay fixed the issue. Maybe some kind of race condition that prevented the packet forwarder from seeing the configuration file.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Brian Roberts.
    Brian Roberts
    Participant

Note that I have /etc/init.d/lora-network-server configured to run in init.d with a sequence number of 80. I do not have /etc/init.d/lora-packet-forwarder configured to run at startup.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

You may want to use a process monitor, monit is included in mlinux, to ensure the packet forwarder is restarted if it quits for any reason.

Brian Roberts
    Participant

Yeah, good idea. I will do that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.