LoRa and Telit deviceWise

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model LoRa and Telit deviceWise

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hello,

I am setting up Telit’s deviceWise platorm on our Conduit. However, the deviceWise workbench software has a field to enter a Proxy URL, Base URL, Requesting Entity, and Callback URL. I am thinking this utility is assuming that we are connecting via LoRa through a provider; however since the conduit has a LoRa mCard, it (sort of) is the provider. Does anyone know what I may need to enter to connect it deviceWise’s workbench utility? My first guess was something was “localhost”.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick
    Participant

Figured I would post a follow up to my own post. I got some info and found a solution.

In talking with Telit, they are set up to use a LoRa service provider, but don’t really have an option for our own LoRaWAN (Conduit with LoRa mCard). There are a few things that can be done to send messages to the LoRa edge devices.

1. Set up a method and utilize Telit’s workbench software to process the method message and re-broadcast an MQTT message. I believe this creates an extra loop back to the platform (additional API calls can lead to additional charges).

or (and the way I am handling)

2. Use the alarms to set parameters – the parameters might seem limited, but some additional data can be sent in a “message” that go along with the alarm state change. I use Node-Red to listen in on the MQTT alarm state change topic. When the alarm state is changed, the MQTT node (in the Node-Red flow) picks up that data which I can then process and send via LoRa. Works pretty slick, though its likely not the intent of the alarms.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.