iptables persistent configuration

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model iptables persistent configuration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jon Garces
    Participant

Hello,

In order to enable remote access to the gateway, i have set up a VPN in the multitech conduit AEP. After adding the following lines to the iptables, I am able to SSH and access the web interface through the VPN:

iptables -A SSH_WAN_INPUT -i tun0 -p tcp -m tcp –dport 22 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A HTTPS_WAN_INPUT -i tun0 -p tcp -m tcp –dport 443 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A HTTP_WAN_INPUT -i tun0 -p tcp -m tcp –dport 80 -j ACCEPT

Even though, this changes are not persistent, so i lose the configuration after power cycling the device.

How can i save this configuration in order to make it persistent?

Thanks,

Jon

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Jon,

The most straight forward way I can think of is to write a script to add to the init scripts that creates and saves the rules. However, this script would not persist through a firmware upgrade.

Another possibility that would persist through a firmware upgrade would be to create a simple custom application. The application would just be a simple shell script that created and saved the ipfilter rules. See our instructions on creating a custom application here:

http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/aep/creating-a-custom-application/

Once your custom application is working you can upload it to Device HQ and download it remotely from there to your device(s).

Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.