Internet connection issue

Home Forums General Internet connection issue

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sabrine
    Participant

Hello,

I configured my Conduit to LAN network:
    static IP address in the local network.

I linked the gateway to my PC using an ethernet cable. My pc has internet connection over Wifi.

The problem is that I dont have internet connection on my gateway and neither on my PC when its linked to the gateway.

Any ideas how to configure my gateway to have internet connection?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello,

Which model of Conduit do you have (AEP or mLinux)? If you have an AEP model, can you connect to Web UI on the Conduit from your PC? Do you have a SIM card for the radio on the Conduit?

Jeff

sabrine
    Participant

yes I have the AEP model and I can connect to the conduit from the PC but when I do I loose the internet connection on my PC.
    I did not integrate a SIM card in the conduit only the lora mcard MTAC-LORA-868
    and an SD card.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by sabrine.
    Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

It is possible that the DHCP server that is enabled by default on the Conduit is causing this behavior by giving your PC a lease on an address. The DHCP client on your PC may then be configuring the Conduit as it’s default gateway. You can turn off the DHCP server in the Conduit Web UI at Setup->DHCP. Select the DHCP server on the ethernet interface for edit, and disable it. Perform a “Save and Restart”, and the DHCP server will be disabled. Hopefully that will prevent your PC from losing the WiFi as it’s internet access.

Jeff

sabrine
    Participant

I have disabled the DHCP server on the eth0 interface but now I can not access to my conduit from my PC 🙁
    I got ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
    I have previously changed the conduit IP address from the default one “192.168.2.1” to a new static one “192.168.2.9”

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

What is the IP on your PC’s Ethernet interface? Unless it is the same subnet, your PC will not know where to route to the 192.168.2.9 address.

sabrine
    Participant

Thanks! I changed my PC ethernet configuration and I can connect to the gateway and have internet connection on my PC.

The last problem is that I think I dont have internet connection on my gateway.

what I did is that I shared my wifi internet connection to have internet on the ethernet interface. and I configured eth0 as WAN like in this post:

http://www.multitech.net/developer/forums/topic/connecting-the-conduit-to-the-internet/

but after those modifications, when I try to access to my node Red I can’t, so I update the Firewall rule to add a new rule that accept any incomes, but I can no longer access to my gateway 🙁

I dont know what have done wrong :s may be the firewall rules, but since I can no longer access to the gateway, I can not updated :s

how can I fix that?

Thanks!

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

This is a DNS error. What server(s) is your Conduit configured to use for DNS resolution? If it is your PC, you will need to be running either a DNS forwarder or server that is configured to use your Ethernet interface.

Also, is your Conduit configured to use your PC as it’s default gateway? If that is the case, then packets will be routed to the Ethernet interface on your PC, but your PC needs to be configured as a router in order to route the packets to the internet.

Depending on what resources you have available, it would probably be easier to put your Conduit on a network with a router and DNS server(s) and just configure it to point to the router for default gateway and the correct servers for DNS.

Jeff

sabrine
    Participant

Thanks, I connected my conduit to my router and I configured it as its default gateway and I configured the DNS to google DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4
    So I can access to my gateway interface, but the problem is that I can not access to the Node Red app that is running on the port 1880, should I need to add a Firewall rule to be able to access to it?

Best regards.

sabrine
    Participant

Thanks Jeff for your help 🙂
    What I did is that I added fiware rule to allow “Incoming” and after that I restarted NodeRed. I can now access to nodeRed Apps and to internet via my gateway.

Best regards.

john Smith
    Participant

I am having ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT problem in my Pc.

john Smith
    Participant

I found my fix
    http://www.deskdecode.com/err_connection_timed_out/
    its only my chrome who’s creating the problem
    i just open this on my chrome “chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings” and clcik on reset and
    everything is working now

chimrig here
    Participant

Hi thanks man we have also found in google http://fullsoftversion.com/windows-7-loader-activator/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.