How to use MTC-LEU4 in Linux

Home Forums General How to use MTC-LEU4 in Linux

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We are testing one MTC-LEU4 for sending/receiving SMS using a Python script on Linux (Ubuntu 18) but found some strange behaviors.

The testing environment is based on virtualbox (host is Windows).

When connecting the modem we have the correct dmesg messages, the driver is loaded (cdc_acm) and we are able to connect to ttyACM0 and ttyACM3 ports using “screen” command.

After accessing the ports using the python library “serial” we are able to access the ports.

When we started using the open source library “gsm.modem” library and try to use the script SentSMS.py the ttyACM port stops responding.

The only way to get access again is to unplug/plug the USB port on the PC.

Our question is how can we reset the ttyACM ports on software so that no human intervention is needed.

Thank you.

BR,
    Pedro André

Hi,

We have found that this modem halts with the “AT+CLAC” command (to provide the list of supported AT commands).

Any advice?

Thank you.

BR,
    PMA

Steve Kovarik

Hello Pedro

The AT Command ‘at+clac’ doesn’t work on any of my modems either, so I deduct
    that Telit (Radio Module Vender) has not implemented this command.

-Best Regards

Hi Steve,

Does your devices stop responding after that command?

BR

Steve Kovarik

Hi Pedro
    I re-visited this today.
    Without a SIM card installed in the modem the result to the ‘at+clac’ command is ERROR, and the modem is not locked up, I can issure additional commands.

Today I installed a valid SIM card in the modem and the modem and the result to the ‘at+clac’ command was several lines of valid commands followed by
    ‘OK’. And the modem did not lock-up. I am communicating with the modem using
    Teraterm with the modem in a MultiTech developer board.

-Best Regards

Hi,

Yesterday we have found that the modem serial port doesn’t lock when we used a raspian OS (on Raspberry Pi HW).

In this case it seems to be some issue between the Modem, Windows host, Virtualbox and Ubuntu guest.

Thanks for the help and clarifications.

BR,
    Pedro André

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.