How to upgrade to 1.4.17 and wifi issue

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model How to upgrade to 1.4.17 and wifi issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

The upgrade instructions are very clear for the 1.4.16 version. But which file do I use to upgrade to 1.4.17 ? There is the bstrap.bin, rootfs.jffs2, uboot.bin, uImage.bin ?

I’m trying to fix the issue where DNS is not working for our wifi clients. I have to ssh into the conduit and restart dnsmasq manually to fix it now.

In addition after running for a while the wifi access point stops accepting the valid WPA2 password, it needs a restart to continue working. Will the 1.4.17 update fix that? We are using another wifi access point as our WAN and using wifi to distribute access.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The downloads for 1.4.17 zip files contain only the conduit_AEP_1.4.17_upgrade.bin file. Where are you getting the bstrap, uboot, rootfs and uImage files?
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/downloads/

Thanks for the quick reply Jason. It looks like this is a macOS(Sierra) issue with the Archive Utility that is the default tool to unzip. There’s a preference in the default settings that ‘Keep expanding if possible’.

The utility can read the packed format of the .bin file after it has been extracted and expands it in turn producing a folder of the embedded linux files then automatically removes the bin file that I wanted. You can either turn that option off in the preferences. Or I just opted to use the cli unzip command.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.