How to create connection between 2 mdot modules

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG How to create connection between 2 mdot modules

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michał Mączka
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I am new here. I am interested in MTDOT-868-XP1-SMA modules. I want to create for know simple connection called wireles UART between these 2 modules, without any Conduit gates because it is too expensive at this moment. MTDOT modules will be used to control my quadocopter. I want them because they offers big range and they are compilant with xbee (same size of pinheads etc.) and i will easy put them into my already created PCB for xbees without any mechanical changes. I want to know how can I make this wireless connection and how to send Hello World string using PC and FT-232 to another PC with FT-232 by MTDOT modules. I can’t find any instructions how to do it, i just find how to plug them into eval board, and arduino boards (developers guide), what are the at commands for them. I want to get this information before i buy this MTDOTs, because i am not decided yet.

Best wishes from Poland,
    Michał

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Hello Michal,

Unfortunately, what you described is not possible right now. We currently only support LoRa Class A which doesn’t allow point (mdot) to point (mdot) communication. A gateway & network server is required for Class A.

Having said that, we plan on implementing Class C in the future which would allow for the connection you described. However, we don’t have an expected date for that yet. Secondly, Class C or not, LoRa isn’t going to work well for your application because LoRa is designed for sensor type applications where data rate is low and latency can be high. Especially being in Europe which has transmit duty cycle restrictions that limit how often you can transmit a packet. For example, a payload size of 50 bytes might only can be transmitted every 30 seconds depending on your settings.

In any case, the maximum effective throughput in Europe is around 550 bps.

Hope this helps!

-Brandon

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Brandon Bayer.
    Michał Mączka
    Participant

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for quick answer. That speed and duty cycle is enough for me, because i will put on my quadocopter MCU wich will make algorithms of pitching, yawing etc. and it will get wireless just data like go ahead, lefts, stop etc. wich sends te RC control with keyboard and another MCU (just a few bytes per one second). Big
    requirement of my project is the range above 1 km and I have heard that mdot can send data over 10 km – very good achievement. I wish that wireless USART is not available on mdot modules.

Best wishes from Poland,
    Michał

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.