Generating BIN file using Keil uVision 5

Home Forums Dragonfly Generating BIN file using Keil uVision 5

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kiran Dalvi
    Participant

Hi,

i am using Keil uVision 5 for building application for my Dragonfly board. if i flash the HEX file generated by Keil using ST flashing tool, the application is working fine. But when i convert HEX file to BIN format using fromelf.exe utility, and use this file for over the air transfer, the code doesn’t work.
    one observation is that, the BIN file generated by mbed online compiler has also boot loader code included, which was not part of file, generated by Keil compiler.

Does, anybody know, how i can add boot loader code as part of BIN file generated by Keil compiler?

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Kiran,

The mbed-cli tools automatically prepend the bootloader to applications built for the Dragonfly. When you export to an IDE or compile through an IDEs GUI instead of using mbed-cli, you don’t get the bootloader.

It’s possible to configure a post-build process to prepend the bootloader, but it would be easier to just use mbed-cli. It is possible to configure mbed-cli to compile using the ARM toolchain used by uVision.

https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbed-cli#toolchain-selection

Cheers,
    Mike

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.