Gateway not checking in

Home Forums Device HQ Gateway not checking in

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wkhatch@unimar.com
    Participant

I’ve read a few of these similar posts, but failed to find an ah ha moment. The gateway routes out fine; no problem accessing external endpoints, etc. I have the frequency set to 4 hours (240 minutes, from it’s default of 12 hours). Originally, this device connected fine, but then began failing to check in. Attempts to manually force it from the client web ui eventually indicate failure in same ui. Is looking for the “chat” output within /var/log/messages the most beneficial means of debugging this? I’ve got several other gateways on devicehq, and this is the first one that’s having trouble. I should mention that while trying to resolve this, I did delete the original device record; not sure if that causes any subsequent issues when the same device attempts to check in again. Thanks for any assistance.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello WK,

In the /var/log/messages the logging events by a daemon called annexcd. If there are errors related to check-in the annexcd logging will be helpful. It is the daemon that does the actual connection to DeviceHQ.

Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.