FW 1.4.16 Master/Slave

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model FW 1.4.16 Master/Slave

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fernando Luis
    Participant

Hi all,

It is supposed that the last version of the firmware allows to use a Conduit as a ‘repeater’ to expand the LoRa network. Something called ‘Master/Slave’.

I have a network with 1 GW (with ‘lora-network-server’ configured) and 5 end-devices. The GW can’t see one of the end-device and I want to add another GW to act as a repeater. Both GWs are not connected in a LAN.

How I should configured this with the latest FW available (v1.4.16)?

Thx!

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

There is not a repeating system connecting Conduits over LoRa RF.

The Conduits must be networked over ethernet or wifi.

http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/lora-network-server/networking-conduits/

Ajay K
    Participant

So I guess I don’t understand the concept of packet forwarding completely based on your comments. I was under the impression that the one conduit was able to forward packets to the other conduit? For the conduits to be networked they will have to be in close range to one another right either ethernet or wifi?

We have a scenario where the conduits are almost a mile apart and since the farm/ranch where they are being deployed is fairly large and only one of them conduits have wifi access and I am wondering in such scenario I am guessing the packet forwarder mode would not be viable and if so what is the best way for us to get the packets from one conduit to the conduit with either cellular/wifi connection?

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

A “packet forwarder” in the LoRaWAN network is a software program that communicates with the radio hardware and forwards the received packets to a network server over the Internet. Likewise the network server will send downlink packets to the packet forwarder to be sent over the radio.

The backhaul between the Conduits will need to be faster than lora.
    A point-to-point wifi network between the Conduits could be used with additional hardware. Wifi networks can be setup 3+ miles depending on the gateway placement and hardware selected.

Connecting the two gateways over cellular will have latency issues. Also normally servers are not allowed to receive connections over cellular.

Two of the issues with using LoRa as the backhaul are bandwidth, the Conduit can receive on 8 channels and only send on one, and half-duplex transmissions, the gateway cannot receive while it is transmitting.

Ajay K
    Participant

Thanks Jason for the clarification. I couldn’t find this info in the data sheet of conduits that have wifi capability.

1) What is the transmit power of the on-board WIFI for a wifi enabled conduit?
    2) What is the antenna gain for the same?
    3) Receiver sensitivity for the wifi on board?

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Special hardware would be needed to setup point to point wifi.
    https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Bridge-Lite-EZBR-0214-Outdoor-Wireless-System/dp/B002K683V0

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.