Flashing MDot firmware compiled using MBED Online compiler causes CRC Errors.

Home Forums mDot/xDot Flashing MDot firmware compiled using MBED Online compiler causes CRC Errors.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

I am building my application using the MBED online compiler and all of a sudden I am getting CRC errors as shown below, when flashing the MDot module using tera term and ymodem interface. I am using the mdot library 3.1.0 to compile my custom firmware.

bootloader :> upgrade ymodem
    [INFO] Starting upgrade
    [INFO] Starting YMODEM file transfer
    [INFO] YMODEM file transfer succeeded
    [INFO] appended crc: 50050000
    [INFO] calculated crc: 2793190355
    [ERROR] File validation failed

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Ajay K
    Participant

Any thoughts multitech team, this is blocking our production build.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The online compiler has updated tooling with mbed-os-6
    The mdot bootloader is not being built into the application as was the case before the update to the online tools.

This may be causing your issues.

Is it possible for you to build offline?

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Is this not a breaking change? It is very convenient to use to the online compiler as I have never been able to get the offline mbed-cli builds to work for me for the MDot target, even if I privately publish my program and build it using mbed cli using GCC-ARM as the tool chain.

I am trying to build it offline, but I am getting a lot of errors which I am not getting with the online compiler. Are there any instructions that I can use to build it offline? Also my colleague has logged a bug as an mbed-os issue and may be you can provide some insight so that they fix this issue on the online compiler?

Here is the GitHub issue that was logged: https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbed-os/issues/13121

Thanks,
    Ajay

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I compiled this offline finally and now I am getting the following error, when I successfully flash the firmware. I am not sure why I am getting this error now, here is how I am compiling the source code from the command prompt using mbed-cli.

mbed compile -t GCC_ARM -m MTS_MDOT_F411RE --profile mbed-os\tools\profiles\debug.json

Error I get once the MDot runs the application:
    Timer 0x20006670 error -3: Resource not available

Thanks,
    Ajay

Ajay K
    Participant

Have this resolved now. The online compiler is still causing the CRC errors. However I got the offline build working and so we can close this issue at this point.

Thanks Jason for calling out the bootloader issue on the github issue.

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.