External Node-Red

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model External Node-Red

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

If I have nodered deployed on an external environment , is it possible to forward packets frm the conduit to that nodered server ?

In this case I need the conduit to act as a packet forwarder right ? That works also with AEP? , if so , what is the nodered library that should be installed ( is there a link for that / lora palettes) , and what is the steps that shall be done on the AEP conduit

Appreciate your feedback.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Packet forwarder will send lora packets as received.
    A node will not be able to join or use encrypted data unless there is a network server between the packet forwarder and application, such as node-red.

If you want the lorawan network server to handle the join and encryption of packets then you will want a service on the Conduit that forwards data to your remote Node-RED instance. Using Node-RED on the Conduit with Lora-in node connected to an HTTP/UDP/TCP out node to a HTTP/UDP/TCP in node on your remote machine would be a quick proof of concept.

The lora nodes on Conduit cannot be used off the Conduit. They are a wrapper over an MQTT client to pass messages to/from the network server. They do no lora packet processing on their own. The format MQTT messages to/from Base64 into strings or byte buffers for an application.

Later you may decide to create a custom app to handle the message passing.

Hi Jason , You are right from an arcetcture perspective.
    I am just running some testings . So i have set the conduit as a packet forwarder to an ip of a node red server on port 1680. On the node red server I have set udp receiver node on that same port and I could see the lora node packets being received. I am now in the process of decrypting the packets using a lora-decrypter pallette knowing the keys, but still no luck.. it might be am using wrong keys am not sure . I will have to dig more into that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.