Ethernet Port Unresponsive

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Ethernet Port Unresponsive

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Evans
    Participant

Hi,

My MTCDT-H5-210A-US-EU-GB AEP has worked for over a year now but suddenly the RJ45 port has become unresponsive.

The activity & speed lights are off and have not been seen on since the issue arose. I cannot capture any traffic on WireShark. Inspection of the PCBs yielded no results. As far as I can tell the port is dead.

I have connected to the Conduit via serial and am trying to diagnose the issue but am not having much luck.

Can anyone suggest a test or procedure to run to determine if the fault is hardware or software?

P.S. I also have a Linksys AE6000 WiFi device which (if possible) I can install on the ‘USB Host’ port to bypass the RJ45 socket.

Regards.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Chris,

Just one thing to start: Have you tried unplugging the power to the device and plugging it back in? If that doesn’t clear it up, have you installed any init scripts that may be messing up the boot. If the answer is ‘no’ to both of these, you may have a bad Ethernet port.

Jeff

Chris Evans
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

The device has been power cycled.

The only modification I made was to install the a packet forwarder for TTN however the device had worked fine for a significant period of time.

It was a sudden, unexpected failure. Possible associated with a brown out or black out (unconfirmed).

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Chris,

If you access the USB Debug Console port on the front of the device (behind the Multitech plate), you could try to interrupt the boot and put the device in the boot-loader (u-boot). Once it is in that mode, if the Ethernet port seems to be behaving normally, then there is something going on at the Linux level. If the port is dead in u-boot, then it is most likely broken.

Jeff

Chris Evans
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

After interrupting uboot the port was still dead.

Going forward I think I’m going to try and acquire this (http://www.multitech.net/developer/products/multiconnect-conduit-platform/accessory-cards/mtac-eth/) MTAC-ETH accessory card.

Failing that I might try either a USB Wifi module or a USB<->RJ45 adapter.

Thanks for your assistance Jeff,
    bloody legend.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Chris Evans.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Chris Evans.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.