Errors Installing Custom APP after upgrading Firmware to 5.0.0

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Errors Installing Custom APP after upgrading Firmware to 5.0.0

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

I just installed the 5.0.0 conduit firmware and I have custom app that I need to install and the command I use is the app-manager command as shown below. Also we did a factory reset after we installed the 5.0.0 firmware just in case, as we wanted to ensure the LORA DB is consistent with the new version of the 5.0.0 firmware

“app-manager –command local –appfile testapp.tar.gz –appname “TestApp” –apptype CUSTOM”

This was the error reported: “-bash: app-manager: command not found”

Are there any changes in the way we install custom app’s in the new conduit firmware and if so can I get some direction as to how we can achieve that?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Try to run with sudo.

Previously the ssh session was started with root permissions. This is no longer the case with 5.0

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Jason,

So when install the Custom App, we SSH into the conduit using a given user name and password which I assume is the admin user and password. So are you saying with 5.0 version the SSH session even though we login using the admin user name and password the SSH session doesn’t have root permissions?

So before we install the custom app, we launch Putty in our case as a command line prompt to execute the above command in which case we prepend sudo before the app-manager command? Continue again to login as the admin?

“sudo app-manager –command local –appfile testapp.tar.gz –appname “TestApp” –apptype CUSTOM”

Thanks,
    Ajay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.