End Node Loss after gateway reboot

Home Forums Lora Network Server End Node Loss after gateway reboot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pascal PROVOST
    Participant

I have a network with around 20 end nodes and one IP67 AEP gateway in 1.4.4 release in EU868 regional parameters.Whole system is OK and stable without any configuration modification for several weeks. Every node send sends upstream polling every 5 minutes cycle.
    End nodes are powered by batteries and never powered off.

I power off my gateway and power on after 4 hours (for example).
    Most end notes are back after a few minutes but some of them never come back on the system. I check with a spectrum analyzer that they do go on transmitting their polling upstream every 5 minutes as expected.
    The only solution to recover them is to reset them so they try and join the gateway. In final application I have no way to do a reset of end node.
    We saw the same problem with a non IP mLINUX gateway in 3.3.13 release.
    Do you see any reason for these losses?

Pascal PROVOST
    Participant

Is there anybody on this forum?
    Does Multitech actuially support its customers?

Regards,

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

If the power was pulled from the Conduit rather than a clean shutdown joins could be lost before they were able to be written to flash.

Our latest firmware AEP 1.6.2 as well as the last 1.4.17 has a setting to control the length of time between database backup.

If you need further assistance our support team is also available at https://support.multitech.com

Pascal PROVOST
    Participant

Joins for all nodes were made more than one week before gateway power shutdown . I presume joins are periodically saved to falsh by gateway so all joins were in flash for a long time before power down.
    What is default database backup time?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.