Dragonfly GPS not working while TCP connection is enabled?

Home Forums Dragonfly Dragonfly GPS not working while TCP connection is enabled?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Amod Amatya
    Participant

I am using MTS Dragonfly to send GPS data using MQTT. But GPS cannot be enabled when TCP socket is open. I need to disconnect from the TCP connection to get GPS data. Whenever I try to enable GPS when TCP connection is already established, I get the error:

socket is open. Can not send AT commands

Is it possible in Dragonfly to run TCP and GPS simultaneously?

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Amod,

The current MTSAS implementation doesn’t allow this because of the way it handle sockets. Our new implementation (supporting mbed-os) handles sockets in a cleaner way and will allow concurrent open sockets and GPS queries.

Cheers,
    Mike

Amod Amatya
    Participant

Mike,

I am using MQTT protocol to publish GPS co-ordinates to Azure Iot Hub every 2 mi nutes. Using MQTT, TCP connection is continuously established. So, I am not able to enable GPS.
    So, I am currently stuck here. Any suggestions what can I possibly do to publish GPS coordinates using MQTT?

Amod Amatya
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Have you already released the new implementation?

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Amod,

We are finishing up development and testing on the new implementation. It will be publicly available soon.

Cheers,
    Mike

Adriaan Kooderings
    Participant

Hi Mike,

I’m using the MTSCellularInterface with mbed-os so this problem should be gone? Right?

many thanks Adriaan.

Hi Adriaan,

Yes, you can have simultaneous TCP socket and GPS.
    The MTSCellularInterface code can be found here:
    https://github.com/MultiTechSystems/MTSCellularInterface
    It implements sockets in command mode allowing GPS while TCP sockets are established. You can find a couple examples of MTSCellularInterface in use here:
    https://os.mbed.com/teams/MultiTech/code/Dragonfly-Examples/wiki/Homepage

Kind regards,
    Leon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.