DeviceTimeReq LoraWAN 1.0.3

Home Forums Lora Network Server DeviceTimeReq LoraWAN 1.0.3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Guy
    Participant

Hey
    I am trying to get LoraWAN 1.0.3 DeviceTimeReq / DeviceTimeAns working on the Conduit LoraWAN Network Server. My understanding is that this is now supported on the latest version.

I am running AEP 1.7.0 and the LoRa Network Server version shown on the LoRaWAN Network Settings Page is now 2.2.12

The devices are set using End Device Profile LW102-OTA-AS923 which is set to Mac version 1.0.2 (the default).

So I am wondering:
    1) Does the AEP version indeed support DeviceTimeReq in this version, or do I need to use the mLinux device;
    2) Do I need to obtain a different End Device Profile for LW103 to activate LoRaWAN 1.0.3 Mac commands, and if so where do I get it.

FYI – my devices do currently work and are tested on an Actility network. I can see that the Conduit is not sending the DeviceTimeAns MAC response 0x0D

Thanks

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Profiles can be defined on the LoRaWAN > Profile page.
    The LW102-* profiles are provided as examples.

If a device is set to MAC Version: 1.0.3 a DeviceTimeAns should be sent in the first downlink after join or when DeviceTimeReq is received.

mLinux and AEP use the same network server.

Looking at mqtt output on Conduit I see if a 0x0D is received a response is sent. The device profile should not matter.

admin@mtcdt:~# mosquitto_sub -v -t lora/+/+                                                                                     
    ...                                                                                                       
    lora/00-80-00-00-00-00-c9-54/mac_recv {"appeui":"16-ea-76-f6-ab-66-3d-80","deveui":"00-80-00-00-00-00-c9-54","gweui":"00-80-00-00-a0-00-15-8e","id":13}                                                                                                         
    lora/00-80-00-00-00-00-c9-54/mac_sent {"appeui":"16-ea-76-f6-ab-66-3d-80","deveui":"00-80-00-00-00-00-c9-54","gweui":"00-80-00-00-a0-00-15-8e","opts":"0db10cb54996"}                                                                                           

Guy
    Participant

Thanks Jason. I managed to get this to work.

Just to close the loop for those who may run into this issue:

I had a mismatch on the DownlinkDwellTime settings on the MultiTech Conduit versus my LoraWAN stack (STM/Semtech). So I was not processing any downlinks at all, Mac commands included.

The Actility stack can start with DwellTime 1 on AS923 (default for Semtech stack) and then sets it to 0 with a MAC command on the first downlink. This gets the device in a better config for packet size.

The Conduit requires that the LoRaWAN settings match the stack and does not attempt to change it.

So I needed to change the AS923 regional parameters settings in the Semtech stack to DwellTime = 0 and set the Conduit accordingly.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Guy.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.