Dedpulication for Multiple Multitech Conduits running Network Server

Home Forums Lora Network Server Dedpulication for Multiple Multitech Conduits running Network Server

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joe RK
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m pretty new to the Multitech platform, after a great intro from some of the guys at Multitech.

I’m looking at deploying multiple AEP Conduit APs onto a large site where we already have a fleet of 40+ LoRaWAN sensors, on ABP. I don’t want to use a master/slave topology for some good reasons, therefore want to set each AP to the ‘Network Server’ mode, so that I can send data via MQTT.

Has anyone had experience with this topology? I’d obviously need to set up a MQTT broker to accept the incoming messages as well as some kind of data translator, but I’d also assume that I’d need to handle deduplication of some messages, as multiple gateways may pick up the same LoRa packet from a sensor node.

FYI – We’ve previously used TTN however as our Gateways run on cellular, we need the whitelist feature of the Network Server.

Thanks,
    Joe

Steve Kovarik

Hi Joe

In the scenario you describe you will need to configure the Conduit AP
    and LoRaWAN sensors to “join” a specific single Conduit AP. With each LoRaWAN
    sensor associated with a specific Conduit Gateway there wouldn’t be duplicate
    messages. Unauthorized LoRaWAN sensor packets are filtered at the Conduit Gateway.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.