corrupted filesystem?

Home Forums Dragonfly corrupted filesystem?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    toyo ayeni
    Participant

I’m getting this error when I reset my dragonfly SoM =>
    [WARNING] bootloader: failed to mount filesystem
    My dragonfly is connected to a MTUDK2-ST board. The board is connected to a Ubuntu machine via USB. I’m using minicom to communicate with the module.
    I tried updating the firmware with the firmware(dragonfly_passthrough_0.1.2.bin)
    on the Multitech Developer Resources site(www.multitech.net/developer). Then I reflashed the module with a ‘Hello World’ example. I still get the error. How to fix this?

Hit the reset button on the UDK board and at the same time hit a key repeatedly. You should see that the bootloader is entered. This should be on the same port that you see the warning message. Once into the bootloader, select the option to erase flash memory. See if that clears the issue.

toyo ayeni
    Participant

Thanks Leon it worked.

A couple of questions Leon =>

– So does that mean the filesystem is on the external flash? Where is mbed
    running from?

– How do I know the version of the mbed I’m running?

– Any documentation on the status of the leds(COM, LS, D0 – D8)?
    on the board and even on the module?

Yes. The Dragonfly has a 2MB flash part that you can use for whatever you want. We happen to load it with a flash file system.
    mbed is running out of the flash memory in the STM32F411 processor.
    mbed is tagged with a version number… git describe –match mbed-os*. It’s up to you to checkout the version of mbed before building your application.

As for the leds, here is the manual for the UDK board(USB only version).
    https://www.multitech.com/documents/publications/manuals/s000610.pdf
    The UDK schematic starts on page 20. The STAT & COM leds flash when programming a target device.
    See the pinout diagram for D0-D8 here:
    https://os.mbed.com/platforms/MTS-Dragonfly/
    These are controlled by GPIO from the STM32F411 processor. You can do what you want with them.
    The link status LED is on pin 34 of the 40 pin connector and is driven directly by the cellular radio GPIO pin 1. You can also program that to the extent that the radio firmware allows.

Kind regards,
    Leon

toyo ayeni
    Participant

Thank you so much for your responses. Very much appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.