Configuring VPN

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Configuring VPN

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    some_dev
    Participant

I am trying to configure a vpn connection, following the and am confused as to why I have to configure an ovpn server on the multitech if I want to connect as a client.
    I have a server running in the cloud with a public IP. I am used to simply creating and downloading the .ovpn files for the clients. The server config stay on the.. server.
    Furthermore, although I it seems as if TLS is supported I see nowhere where the tls key (declared as ‘tls-auth ta.key 1’ in the .ovpn with the key content included further on in the cert) actually gets mentioned.

I am no expert in ovpn and the corresponding pethora of certs and keys, I have simply learned the implementation as I have had it so far.
    In summary:
    1.) Why am I setting up a server on the multitech gateway if the actual server is in the cloud (where I need to get to, securely)
    2.) Why am I seeing
    Thu Jun 20 12:01:47 2019 TLS Error: cannot locate HMAC in incoming packet from [AF_INET]83.174.188.174:33594 if I have set everything up according to the documentation?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by some_dev. Reason: get link working
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.