Config File – Lora

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Config File – Lora

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kirk
    Participant

When creating a config file using device Hq’s configuration editor, the lora section is not properly updating the devices configuration. I set mode to “Packet Forwarder” then paste in the JSON. When I access the device via the AEP, the file is downloaded, all other config settings (password, ppp connection…) are good, but the Lora still says disabled. I can paste that exact JSON in the local AEP’s manual configuration and turn the packet forwarder on, that connects fine. In addition if I copy the configuration of an already set up gateway that connects to lora, but the gwid and eui are from the original gateway. How would i be able to just set my lora settings from device HQ so that i can push it to all gateways?

Steve Kovarik

Hi Kirk
    LoRa partial configuration using DeviceHQ is a known issue being worked on.
    I recommend uploading a known good “configuration file” to DeviceHQ so it
    is available to “push” to all gateways. Before saving the configuration
    file to upload, modify the “gateway_ID” line in the JSON gateway_conf to add placeholder “gateway_ID”: “<WILL-BE-AUTO-REPLACED-WITH-LORA-EUI>”,

Kirk
    Participant

Thank you,

I downloaded a working config file and then edited the line for gwid. I rezipped it and uploaded the file to device HQ, but when I go to schedule an upgrade it doesn’t appear in the dropdown list. Why is that?

Steve Kovarik

Hi Kirk
    I would recommend modifying the gateway_ID on the Conduit, save & restart
    then login and save the configuration file to a pc and upload it to DeviceHQ.
    Then you can go back and set the gateway_ID to what it was.

Was re-zipped file uploaded to DeviceHQ tar.gz

Kirk
    Participant

Yes it was a tar.gz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.