Conduit IP67 – mLinux and AEP

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Conduit IP67 – mLinux and AEP

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

I just received our new IP67 Conduit (xx-275L-xx model) and I am having a hard time connecting to it. I am trying to connect to it in a similar fashion to our “indoor” Conduit which runs AEP. I am stuck working from home today, but I was wondering what comes pre-loaded on the IP67 Conduit? Earlier I got to thinking I may have had a difficult time connecting because its has mLinux and not AEP. Does anyone know?

This unit is powered with POE+; I ordered one of the injectors, but I presently have a POE switch I can use to fire it up. Normally we’d connect a computer directly to the Conduit and connect to it’s default static IP, but in this case that won’t work due to the POE. Is there any recommendations on connecting to the switch and PC for a proper connection? I was assuming the PC and IP67 Conduit would both need to be connected to a port (and neither connected to the uplink port). This brings up another question, is DHCP enabled if it’s mLinux? I did connect the IP67 Conduit to our network and performed an IP scan, however I never saw it – this makes me question if DHCP is enabled by default.

Also, is there a way to perform a clean install of AEP onto the unit if it is mLinux? I am thinking it should be possible if the hardware is shared by all Conduit model, however the IP67 version appears to somewhat different hardware-wise*. Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide for doing this? Is there an image anywhere?

*I recall seeing instructions for the IP67 Conduit basically being an enclosure around the standard conduit, but this version does not appear to be this. I recall the instructions included taking out all of the screws to install the SIM. It also requires POE which has also thrown me for a loop.

[The mLinux fans can feel free to hate on me. I would actually like to get my feet wet with it since I always have good luck with Linux after I get comfy with it. In my current situation, I need to get it loaded and out the door.]

Thanks!

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Please create a case at support.multitech.com to exchange device info and get instructions.

Nick
    Participant

Will do. Thanks for the reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.