Conduit does not check-in to DeviceHQ when Cellular is disabled

Home Forums Device HQ Conduit does not check-in to DeviceHQ when Cellular is disabled

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    William Laing
    Participant

Good Day –

Is there a reason / documentation explaining why Conduits do not check in to DeviceHQ when Cellular is not enabled or SIM card not detected? The same Conduit is reachable by TCP/IP (ssh and web admin page) over a wired connection.

This happens intermittently on a number of our Conduits, but the one in question at the moment is MTCDT-LVW2-247A (firmware 1.7.4)

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best,
    William

Mike McNeil

Hello William,

The Conduits can still check into DHQ when Cellular is disabled, you will have to make sure you have Internet access using your Ethernet as WAN.
    When the SIM card is not detected you will have to make sure your WAN failover is setup properly to have WAN access if one of your modes fail.
    To test, in the CDT GUI, go to Administration > Debug Options and ping 8.8.8.8 on ANY Interface. Does it error, respond with 4 transmits and 4 receives or 4 transmits and 0 receives? Now try http://www.google.com? The behavior will help determine if you have Internet access or DNS issues.

Regards.

William Laing
    Participant

Thank you, Mike – we’ll check it out.

Best,
    William

William Laing
    Participant

Hi Mike –

We’re seeing this problem again on an MTCDT-LVW2-247A (firmware 5.2.1).

+ I can ping 8.8.8.8
    + I cannot ping google.com: “ping: unknown host google.com”
    + Our MQTT endpoint to AWS no longer works; I’m guessing for the same reason we cannot ping http://www.google.com?
    + Conduit is only using the Ethernet interface as WAN
    + ETH0 is WAN with Mode=’DHCP Client’
    + I can access the Conduit on my subnet using HTTPS and SSH

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

William

Mike McNeil

Hello William,
    Sounds like your DNS server went down or isn’t working?
    Seems like this has been working for a while, but just started failing?
    Check to make sure your DHCP server is providing DNS or you have configured for a DNS server in your eth0 configuration.
    If that doesn’t work then I suggest opening a support case at support.multitech.com and provide all details and how your MTCDT is configured.
    Regards,
    Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.