Choosing Channel Plan and getInstance function in MDot SDK 3.0.0

Home Forums mDot/xDot Choosing Channel Plan and getInstance function in MDot SDK 3.0.0

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

In the current mDot SDK 3.0.0 Production build seems like we just have an mDot:getInstance function that takes a channel plan and there is not an overload where the it doesn’t have input parameters and just returns the mdot instance object. But looks like the latest dev builds have a this overload, which would eventually make it easier.

My question is once you pass a channel plan to the getInstance function, can the Channel Plan be updated at a later point, once lets say configuration file for a given mDot is read? For ex: Can I switch the channel plan of default being US915 to AU915 when the mdot is running or a reset needs to be executed for the new channel plan to take effect?

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Ajay K
    Participant

A follow up question regarding the setChannelPlan(lora::ChannelPlan*) method. Calling this method, is that an equivalent of passing the channel plan to the mdot getInstance method? I assuming the mDot instance now refer to the new channel plan set?

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.