Changing Channel Plan at run time

Home Forums mDot/xDot Changing Channel Plan at run time

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

I have asked this question before and I didn’t get much help. Anyway my question is as follows. As far as I know the MDot instance is created only by passing the channel plan and currently the MDot custom board we use, by default the MDot instance is created using US Channel Plan. Let’s say I want to be able to switch it to the Australian channel plan at run time, Is setChannelPlan the right way to switch the channel plan to the Australian channel plan? Currently this doesn’t work very well and it fails to connect to the Conduit configured to work under Australian channel plan.

Let me know if there is something I am missing while switching the channel plan.

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

MTDOT box firmware will load the plan at start-up using setChannelPlan. The selected plan is saved to flash.

https://os.mbed.com/teams/MultiTech/code/MTDOT-BOX-EVB-Factory-Firmware/file/e76cec0eec43/main.cpp

Ajay K
    Participant

Thanks Jason, the sample helps. I am guessing when switching between channel plans, if we had set the join delay to be 1 second in the previous channel plan and later when we apply say a new channel plan it defaults the previous settings and reverts back the join delay to 5 seconds?

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.