Can't install dashboard in Node-Red

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Can't install dashboard in Node-Red

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Ning
    Participant

Hello!

Using Conduit AEP model MTCDT_H5-246A-868-EU-GB, firmware 1.4.17 and am trying to install the node-red-dashboard package (or the node-red-contrib-ui) and having zero luck.

Now I have had this working before on a MTCDT-H5-210A-US-EU-GB firmware 1.4.14 however, I did it at the start of the year and the device is now installed at a customers site and I don’t have access to it and for the life of me I cannot remember how I got it going.

Using the “Manage Palette” option I get a processing animation for a good few minutes, but after it finished it does not show the package installed and no new nodes are added. If I look at the npm-debug.log file it shows there were errors, such as :

2642 verbose stack Error: ENOENT, open ‘/var/config/app/install/development/node_modules/node-red-contrib-ui/node_modules/serve-static/node_modules/send/node_modules/statuses/package.json’

If I manually install the package using “npm install node-red-dashboard -verbose” I get an ok message at the end and a node-modules directory appears however, the package isn’t listed within node-red and none of the nodes are present.

I have tried installing it in the following places and still no luck:

/var/config/app/install/development
    /opt/node-red
    /opt/node-red/nodes

Through all the combinations I have managed to get the package to appear as installed on “Manage Palette” but all the nodes were greyed out and disabled.

Now I know I have had this working previously but I’ve completely forgotten how (it was either dashboard or contrib-ui). I remember *possibly* upgrading the node.js version but I am reluctant to do this as I know that only certain version of node.js work with the conduit?

Please help!

Benjamin Ning
    Participant

And typically I have now solved the issue 10 minutes after posting on a forum after trying for 2 days.

A recent update must have stopped Dashboard being compatible with the Conduit. Using an older release (2.8.0) gets it working again.

In the following directory :

/var/config/app/install/development

run the following command :

npm install node-red-dashboard@2.8.0 -verbose

Restart Node-Red and it should now be working.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.