Can't Connect mDot Box to Conduit After Reset

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Can't Connect mDot Box to Conduit After Reset

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hello,

I reset my Conduit…lost the connectivity to it and couldn’t get it to work on IBMs Watson either. I figured it was because I connected to our office’s network via LAN cable and adjusted settings. I figured I should follow the quick start guide, so I gave it a reset.

Anyhow, I can’t connect the mDot Box back to the conduit’s lora network. I updated the network name, passphrase, and sub band but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did re-upload the node-red code the resources I found on MT’s website. I think that should be good to go.

Thanks,

Nick

Steve Kovarik

Hello Nick

What did you configure in the Conduit for the Network Name and Passphrase
    and what did you set the sub band to. In the Conduit LoRa Network settings
    there is also a private/public setting, try changing that first.

-Best Regards

Nick
    Participant

I would have to double check; I am out of office, but I can stop in and check. I know it was under the LoraWAN settings. I believe it is the page that has a button to hide/show more advanced options. I can take some screen shots or figure out a way to output the info in text friendly format.

I did change between public and private Lora network and gave it a try, but it still didn’t work. On a side note, it is set to network server mode.

One thing I though about on my way home yesterday…I was going to try to change the Network Name. I was unsure if the mDot Box possibly contains a setting that needs to be refreshed/forgotten (similar to how SSH terminal connections can throw a warning after resets).

When I view the Lora network activity I can definitely see the mDot Box’s attempt to connect.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick
    Participant

UPDATE

I got the mDOT Box to connect. I set the Network Mode to ‘Private MTS’. Under LoRaWAN Networking>LoRaWAN Network Server Configuration>Network.

What is the difference between LoRaWAN and MTS?

Thanks!

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster
    Nick
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.