Cannot setup MTCAP-868-001A / WiFi LED solid?

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Cannot setup MTCAP-868-001A / WiFi LED solid?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dean Young
    Participant

I have an MTCAP-868-001A (SKU: 92507495LF, DOM: 2018.07.16) that had never been used/configured, but when I would turn it on, I could see the Status LED go solid, WiFi LED to solid, then the Status LED start to blink 2X per second. The getting started guide indicates that the WiFi LED will only work on -002 models, but this is a -001 model (https://www.multitech.com/documents/publications/user-guides/s000652.pdf)

Also, I have tried factory resetting it (holding down the reset button >30 seconds). I have tried setting a manual address in my computer’s NIC settings (used both a MAC and iPad Pro w/ Ethernet adapter). Still, I cannot load 192.168.2.1 in the browser.

edit: actually, I have 3 exhibiting the same behavior and have had success with other devices (same model). In the successful cases, the WiFi LED illuminated (that I can remember).

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Dean Young. Reason: Clarification
    Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello Dean,

If the device is from 2018 and is an AEP device there is a chance that a feature called “Call Home” may be taking down the Ethernet interface and trying to do DHCP as a client to get settings for the Ethernet interface. In that case the interface will go down for this activity every thirty seconds. The udhcpc process is supposed to only try once to get a lease and then exit, the interface is brought back up for another thirty seconds.

Also, what do the Ethernet LEDs appear to be doing?

Jeff

Dean Young
    Participant

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply!

The other LEDs are off. Is there an LED behavior I should see after bootup that indicates it is restarting or cycling between “calling home” and static IP operation? I tried using LANscan and Wireshark to observe any signs of life… to no avail.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.