Can Fearther RFM9x LoRa module be used as an end node with conduit gateway

Home Forums mDot/xDot Can Fearther RFM9x LoRa module be used as an end node with conduit gateway

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I want to set up a system where the Multitech’s Conduit AEP model should communicate with a Feather RFM9x LoRa module. Will Conduit work with third party end nodes of LoRa other than mdot/ xDot ?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

mDot and xDot are LoRaWAN certified. Conduit will work with other certified devices, Public mode on Conduit may need to be enabled to work with some.

As far as I have seen on the internet forums , Feather RFM9x LoRa module is not having a LoRaWAN stack on it. But few say a LoRaWAN stack can be implemented on it using a LMIC library. Please can you check the following link and tell me the possibility
    https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/adafruit-lora-feather-gateway/2440

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The link you provide seems to provide the information you are looking for. Sounds like the feather has a steep learning curve.

LMIC has a base LoRaWAN implementation, it is not full featured it should work for some things. The LMIC project does not appear active in adding features either.

Multitech mDot and xDot are also programmable modules with a LoRaWAN certified stack available.

So you are concluding that communication between conduit Gateway and Feather LoRa module is possible? Can I get a clear picture

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

They both employ LoRa modulation in hardware communication between them should not be impossible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.