Broadcast messages in LoRa Network Server

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Broadcast messages in LoRa Network Server

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Guillermo Glaria
    Participant

Hi,

I am implementing class C LoRa nodes in a network, and I want to send them a broadcast message. Is this possible? Could I do this with the Network Server that is running in the Multitech Conduit mLinux Gateway?

Thank you and regards,

Guillermo

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

A multicast message would require a shared session between end-points.

An ABP device could be registered in the network server and used as a mulitcast address. The net address and session keys would then need to be shared with each device. The end-device would need the ability to accept alternate addresses and authenticate with session keys.

Guillermo Glaria
    Participant

Thank you for your quick answer.
    So the Conduit Gateway could initiate the message sending to an address simulating multicast if all the nodes have configured this address and accept messages with this, isn’t it?

But is there any broadcast address defined in LoRa standar?

And with this strategy, should I configure all nodes to listen in SF12 modulation to receive the broadcast?

Thank you and regards,

Guillermo

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

A defined broadcast address and session key set would be insecure.

With class C mode all devices should be listening on RX2 Frequency/DR already.

I don’t know what nodes you are using and what support is available for multicast on them.

lorawan2016
    Participant

Hi Guillermo,

Are you using Microchip module as end-device?
    Please share more information about your hardware and firmware version.

Generally, use dr5 and SF7 if the end-device and the gateway near each others.

Guillermo Glaria
    Participant

Hi,

No, I am using a proprietary design with STM32+SX1276, and we are studing to use a Murata’s LoRa module in next coming projects.

The long distance and attenuation of obstacles are the reason to use modulation in the range of SF10 to SF12.

Maranza Oratile
    Participant

Hey Everyone i am also evaluating LoRa, but here is a question i have, how do we calculate LoRa PER ??

Thank you in advance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.