Best Practice guide for Conduit® IP67 Base Station

Home Forums General Best Practice guide for Conduit® IP67 Base Station

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is there a technical document that covers the best practice when installing the Conduit® IP67 Base Station? The best practice guidelines may include the effective range of the gateway, the distance that other devices (Sensor) can get a good strength of signal and coverage etc.

Steve Kovarik

Hi Leeky

I can provide this.

IP67 Installation

Steve Kovarik

Hi Leeky

Here’s some information regarding IP67 installation.
    However this doesn’t cover Gateway range.

https://webfiles.multitech.com/mmm/IP67_install.pdf

-Best Regards

Thanks Steve! I am wondering will you have any information about the Gateway range since I want to make sure that I got good coverage for my sensors. Thanks!

Steve Kovarik

Hi Leeky

Aside from configuring the LoRa end-node’s and the LoRa Gateway for maximum power and highest Spreading Factor for maximum range, we find that Gateway placement and antenna height are two substantial factors affecting range.
    Placing the antennas as high as possible generally provides maximum achievable range.
    Range varies based on many variables.
    Range is maximized if ‘line-of-sight’ can be achieved with no obstruction.
    Any obstruction induces a ‘fade margin’ that can reduce the RF signal.
    Different materials induces a different ‘fade margin’ where earth and water are most challenging.
    If you have line-of-sight between the end-node and Gateway with the Gateway antenna elevated to compensate for earth curvature…up to 10 miles range can be achieved.
    Aside from line-of-sight deployments it is difficult to speculate what range will be without doing a site survey in that particular environment.
    Hope that helps.

-Best Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.