Automatic recognition of class C nodes

Home Forums Lora Network Server Automatic recognition of class C nodes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Makarychev
    Participant

Hello,

I asked a question similar to this one in the mDot section about 4 months ago, but didn’t get an answer, so I decided to repeat it here. In addition – a lot has changed and been added over those 4 months (lib version 3.0.0 and new LoRa Server versions). However, I still can’t find information regarding whether or not class C node (mDots configured as Class C devices) can notify the LoRa server that they are class C and automatically show up on the Conduit as class C devices.

This seems to also be new: http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/class-c-walkthrough/
    but even here you mention manually changing the node from class A to class C on the gateway. When dealing with 50-100 node, this is not really an option… Some script might be able to switch all connected nodes to class C, but this sounds more like a hack than a solution.

Will this feature be added in near-future releases, or are there limitations that make it impossible to do this?

Thanks in advance!
    Mark

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

There is no message in the protocol for an end-device to send to the network server to change class.

This will need to be an application level message.

An application can listen for Joined messages and change new devices to class C as the records are created.

Mark Makarychev
    Participant

Hm, ok. Thanks for the answer Jason.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.